it's not safe out there!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

yesterday, something bad happened to a neighbour of mine. I was on the net at arround 12.56 pm when I suddenly heard a scream coming from my window. "Pencuri! Pencuri!" ("Thief! Thief!") I ran straight to my window and look out. I saw my neighbour was looking very hopeless while showing a motorist the direction af the snacther. the motorist followed the direction hoping o chase the snatcher. A lot of people came out from their houses after hearing the scream.

I don't know what happened after that. curious, I went and get the whole story. it seems that my neighbour was picking flowers behind her house. while picking, she did saw a motorist wearing a red t-shirt went pass her. she didn't expext anything bad would happen.

suddenly, she felt like there is someone hugging her from the back. it's the guy in red. he wanted the necklaces she was wearing. he managed to pull of the small one. after a few struggles, he managed to get the big one also.

amazingly, at that time, there's nobody around for her to ask help from. after the snatcher went off with his motorcycle, a motorist pass by and she aked for his help. however, he failed. my neighbour had some bruises and cuts near her neck.

I pitied her. my once safe neighbourhood is no longer that safe anymore. could you imagine that incidents like that could happen in your back door. even to go out for awhile, you need to really be carefull. we could not even go jogging behind our houses without being afraid. I hope that the snatcher will be caught sooner or later. he should really be punished for polluting our peace!

0 comments: