friends or not friends?

Saturday, June 07, 2008

have been reading emails, blogs and other stuff lately. suddenly, I came across something that really catches my eye. roommates. are they friends or plainly just roommates? it made me thinking. when you are choosing a roommate, shouldn't that person be someone you trust, someone you like and someone whom you feel easy to be with? at least that person should be someone you call a friend. am I right?

is it possible to be in a room with someone you hardly like and hardly is your friend and spent your whole college life with her? then why there are cases where you don't share your life with your roommate but with someone else? if that someone else is whom you trust, why aren't she your roommate?

for me, my roommate is someone I trust, whom when I have problem I share with and I share everything I could with her. I share my joy, my sadness, I tell her stories about my achievements, about my worries. I felt easy with her presence and I worry when she suddenly disappear. am I doing the right thing? or I'm being overly controlling? should roommates also be the best of friends or they could just be roommates? where you came into the room, do whatever you like, don't talk to each other, and leave?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well meeting at first as total strangers then i guess it'll take time to fit in but hey of course roommates should be friends! it's just natural!

zero said...

but me and my roommate, we became friends first before being roommates. somehow, now i'm just a roommate, no longer a friend. ntahla. haih.

Anonymous said...

owh how could that be? anything came between u guys?

zero said...

ntahla.. she's the type yang suka attention.. n u know me kn? but i'm ok with it.. x kesah pun..