Kampung Jelempuk: where skies are green [Part 2]

Monday, September 22, 2008

I know, I know. I took a very long time to continue this post. I'm sorry. let's continue. later that night, my foster family took us to Kuala Perlis. we ate laksa for the second time that night! previously we ate a bowl (two bowls for me) at Mak Su's house. I was really full that night. After eating, they drove us around Kangar to see the city at night. Even though the city is small, it is still beautiful.

the next day, we woke up late (again! huhu) the whole day was filled in school. a lot of activities were done and all of them were interesting. the activities ended at around 3.30pm. all of us are really tired. Weird coz the kids doesn't seem to be that tired at all. we are suppose to have 'gotong-royong' to clean the village but there was heavy rain that evening. so, everything was canceled and all of us had our beauty sleep.



the family during closing ceremony


at about 7.00pm, we went to the mosque. there was a large break fast event. three of us went there with our foster father, angah and nadira. the food was nice but it wasn't as grand as I expected. the next day was our last day there. we went to the school for the closing ceremony. before the closing ceremony, we had sharing sessions with the kids. we shared our stories, and listen to theirs too. these kids have bright futures if the followed the correct way. I was very glad to be able to know them.



during break fast


back when I'm in SGGS, I remembered doing activities like this. but this time it's different. I noticed that village kids and city kids are different. when asked about ambitions, most of the village kids will answer either teacher or soldier. not city kids, they'll answer doctor, architect or some other jobs that the village kids may not even have heard of. why? i don't know why. but something should be done here.



the primary school crew


okay. I should continue. at about 3.30pm, we went to the mosque for the closing ceremony. our foster family had to give us up but our bonding stays. after the closing ceremony ends, we went to ayamas near Kangar. they wanted to buy us some food for break fast. after buying the food, they sent us back to the mosque. hajar, dkny and I started to feel sad to leave them.




buying 'ayam' in ayamas

even though we only knew each other for only 4 days, we really felt like a family. we got onto the bus but came down again because 'adik' was crying. we came down and gave them our tags so that they could remember us. at about 6.00pm, the bus drove off. we stop at RNR Gurun to break our fast and arrived in UTP at about 12.00am. Recmo was the best. I learned a lot and gained a lot. like what a friend of mine would say "Recmo VII terbaek!!".

0 comments: