of SGGS band and the memoirs

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I've just came back from independence week 51 (iw51) opening ceremony. the event was okay. a bit disastrous though. but okay. why disastrous? hmm. maybe because the majority of the audience is us. the comities. actually we have made it compulsory for the foundations to come. but they suddenly have a talk with Dr. Balbir. so, there goes the audience.

the performance was good too. but its nothing like when I was in sggs. there was this silat performance, some poetry recitation and the utp orchestra. utpo's performance is the only interesting performance actually. in sgss, you get more than this. we have cultural dances from at least 3 different ethnics, a great theater performance and sometimes musical too, directed by ourselves. we also have poetry recitation but with more passion. much better than what I heard in mph just now. and of course the ever great performance from our band.







when utpo performed just now, something somewhat struck me and suddenly brought me back to my school days. utpo were playing some few beautiful songs. but my eyes keep seeing the white pants with red stripe. I saw some passionate drum majors like kakNyak, kakShida, kakAzreen and the whole band crew playing zealously. dancing and playing and making brilliant music.







oh how I miss my school days! the band would perform in almost every event. they will play the negaraku and lagu negeri pulau pinang as well as our school song during special assemblies. I remembered singing "St. George's! St. George's! we'll ever proclaim. honour and uphold you forever praise your name" with my friends with all our hearts.







during auspicious events like sports day, MSSM, hari anugerah cemerlang etc, the band always accompany us, the police cadets with their superb drum beat. they also have concerts and wind orchestras with tickets usually sold out. I remember how the would play on stage. they didn't only play, they dance too! and the crowd will go crazy with all the screaming and cheering. Mr. Haswani Hassan should be credited for creating such a magnificent band that always made the school proud. Good luck SGGS band! We Must, We Can, We Will Improve The Band!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

RIGHT! I Love SGGS BAND too. I just can't leave the band.