penang to get water taxi

Friday, July 17, 2009

yesterday I went back home. instead of taking a bus straight from ipoh to sungai nibong on the island, I took a bus to butterworth which is on the mainland. after about a month of holiday, I went to butterworth to see that the bus station was new. the was a proper place for the hawker stalls, there were clean toilets, surau and comfortable chairs for passengers to seat while waiting for their bus. I walk towards the jetty to catch a ferry. usually you'll need to walk up the stairs to the jetty but now, they have escalators. yeay!





I paid RM 1.20 for adult ticket (RM 0.60 for children) and waited only about 10 minutes for the ferry to arrive. it was nice being in the ferry, breathing the fresh sea breeze. the scenery was also very beautiful. you can see clearly the Penang bridge and also Komtar. too bad I didn't have my camera with me.




then I came to know about the water taxi. it is said that this RM 50 million project have been approve by our Prime Minister. it will be implemented in stages before the end of the Ninth Malaysia Plan in 2010. the taxi will connect the mainland and the island and may resolved the traffic congestion on the Penang bridge. I'll surely have a ride when it's implemented.


p/s: wanted to explore Penang, embrace its heritage and enjoy its delicacies. wanna join?

6 comments:

Miss Nurul said...

weyhhh..
aku balik cuti nex week.
hg kat png x?? jom lepak2 explore penang. hehehe

zero said...

next week? 25hb kan?
ade je..

Miss Nurul said...

yups..lepak on 25th? hehe.
QB? hg ade transport x?
aku pun kena mmksa adik aku antar kotx..huhu

zero said...

ala.. on that weekend aku kat feringgi..
my mom ade seminar..
so i stay kt sana..

Miss Nurul said...

which hotel r u stayin at?
mybe aku nak g ferigghi gak.
ade explorace. haha

zero said...

ntahla.. hydro kot.. u??